Okay, so I had to laugh at this one. ABC Television is launching a one-hour special on Friday, May 29th @ 9PM ET that's "an unconventional look at the fundamentals of everyday finance with all the facts about credit cards, mortgages, stocks and bonds, investing and 401k's, in a fresh new format combining information and humor."
The show will be hosted by Good Morning America contributor Mellody Hobson. According to Hobson:
"Financial education is critically important, and 'UN-BROKE' proves that it doesn't have to be boring. The economic crisis was a harsh wake-up call that we can't keep doing the same thing in the same way. To me, that meant taking a fresh look at my own approach to financial education. This will make people laugh while they learn."
What might make people laugh more? The advice on how to manage your finances is coming from Hollywood Celebrities:
- Will Smith, who gets down to basics with a boardroom full of corporate finance executives.
- Samuel L. Jackson, who appears as a bestselling author of self-help books and who is "Broke as Hell and Not Going to Take it Anymore!""
- The Jonas Brothers, who teach screaming teenage girls the mysteries of the stock market. "
- Seth Green, who explains the fundamentals of a smart mortgage from his "crib.""
- Cedric the Entertainer, who talks back to credit cards.
- Kevin Bacon, Steven Speilberg, and other celebrities that lost big in the $50 billion dollar Bernie Madoff scandal
- Donald Trump's $25 million dollar loss on the sale of his home
- Richard Dreyfuss and a $870k loan to family members gone bad
In any case, tune in and share your comments. Looking forward to seeing it.
A short snippet of one of the segments: