Calling 411 from either your home phone or cell phone will hit you with additional charges from your carrier.
Charges on wireless carriers for 411 calls range from $1.49 for Verizon, up to $1.75 for ATT wireless. And your home phone charges you as well. That's per call, so those charges add up very quickly.
But, you don't have to pay those fees. There are several free 411 services out there to choose from. A few more digits to dial, but why not put one of them into a speed dial button ? Here's a summary of three of the best free 411 services:
- + Live Operators, real people.
- - Must listen to advertisements
- - Does not connect the call for you.
- + Provided by Google
- + Free with no ads to listen to
- + Connects your call for you
- + Provided by Microsoft
- + Ads, but they are short
- - Doesn't connect for you