Gathering, Use and Disclosure of Non Personally Identifying Information
We collect both Non Personally Identifying Information and Personally Identifying Information from you. “Non Personally Identifying Information is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. “Personally Identifying Information, by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity.
a. Gathering of Non-Personally Identifying Information
- Web Browsers
- Like most site operators, we gather from you Non Personally Identifying Information of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol (“IP) address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages that you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving this Site.
- Web Cookies
- A Web Cookie is a string of information that a site stores on your computer, and that your browser provides to this Site each time you submit a query to this site. We use Web Cookies to track the pages that you visit during each Site session, both to help us improve your experiences with this Site to help us understand how this Site is being used.
- IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU SHOULD SET YOUR BROWSER TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THIS SITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. IF YOU REFUSE WEB COOKIES, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
- Web Beacons
- A Web Beacon is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may occasionally place Web Beacons on pages of this Site.
- You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
b. Use of Non Personally Identifying Information
We analyze Non Personally Identifying Information gathered from you to help us better understand how this Site is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design this Site to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We link information gathered using Web Cookies and Web Beacons to Personally Identifying Information.
c. Disclosure of Non Personally Identifying Information
From time to time, we may also release the Non Personally Identifying Information gathered from you in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Site.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifying Information
As defined above, Personally Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. We will only collect Personally Identifying Information that you knowingly submit to us. We will not disclose Personally Identifying Information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
Registration and Other Information Provided to Us
When you register with this Site, you may be asked to disclose Personally Identifying Information. You may also choose to submit Personally Identifying Information to us when you send us an email.
- Employees and Third Party Processors
- We will disclose Personally Identifying Information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, vendors and suppliers who process Personally Identifying Information on our behalf or participate with us in the provision or operation of this Site.
- By Law, to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies
- We disclose Personally Identifying Information if: (1) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (2) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect our property or other rights, or the rights of other users, third parties or the public at large; or (3) we believe that you have abused the service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
- Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
We may contact you by email or telephone about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personally Identifying Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Contests, Giveaways and other Promotions
Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties Not Covered By This Agreement
This Site is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
This policy is effective June 1st, 2008